Top investigator tells PSC not satisfied

Wednesday, 24 July 2019

A top investigator told the Parliament Select Committee (PSC) on the Easter Sunday attacks today that he was not satisfied with the action taken on the prior warnings received before the bombings.

Senior DIG of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) Ravi Seneviratne told the PSC that he had received intelligence information prior to the April 21 attacks and the information had been passed on to the relevant officers.

He was asked by the PSC if he was satisfied with the steps taken after the prior warnings were received and he said no.

Seneviratne also said that National Thowheed Jamath (NTJ) leader Mohamed Zaharan was being investigated over some other incidents